Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Winter Wonders Artisan Profile: Carole Epp

I'm inspired by the chaos, the noise, the blur, the wonder, and the creativity of life with two small boys at home. I started making dishes for my first son as an aside to the functional pottery I was already making and now years later it plays a huge part of my studio practice. I love that these storybook images can insight smiles and memories for young and old alike.

Each piece is one of a kind, made by hand, and fired at my home studio. Each drawing is unique although some times I do a run of a series of a similar image. Every part of the process is handmade by me.

The dishes are 100% food safe, microwave safe and safe for the dishwasher - although handmade dishes do tend to live longer lives if they are handwashed with care.

carole_epp@yahoo.ca
caroleepp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment