Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Springtime Handmade Market Vendor Profile: Gnomad

 

Born and raised on a farm in Bengough, Saskatchewan, I have recently moved home to the prairies from Vancouver. While a grad student at UBC, I found myself renting studio space in East Van and collaborating with fashion designers, graphic designers and artists. At that time I discovered a treasure trove of used clothing stores and began de-constructing and re-purposing clothing. My passion for design re-ignited when I learned to screenprint, and began incorporating art into my sewing. I participated in the East Van Culture Crawl (showcase of artists in their studios) as part of Octopus Studios for two years, and showcased handmade designs with my business partner at the Portobello West art and craft market on three With all the pieces in place I am excited to keep growing and creating new products and sharing my wares with Saskatchewan buyers!



No comments:

Post a Comment