Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Vendor Profile : Swish & Craft






 


My name is Savannah Mae and I work under the name Swish & Craft, the word "Swish" was created by my mom and her friend when they were younger and it became interchangeable with the word, "relaxing" or just generally taking time for yourself. Swishing is essentially what I am doing while I am crafting. I create my hoop art while swished on my couch & marathon-ing really bad t.v. I am not going to lie, the majority of the hoop art for this show was made while watching an embarrassing amount of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I have explored a wide variety of creative mediums during my 28 years, but, embroidery was what has stuck with me the most. My embroidery work showcases my sassy sense of humor through sayings and imagery that are easily relatable or it is a modern spin on positive affirmations. I always said that there was so much beauty in the world that I didn't know what to do with my hands, but I think I finally figured it out, and I am grateful that I get to share it with the lovely people of Saskatoon. 

 You can find Swish & Craft (and her teeny tiny dogs) Instagram @shittyweekend!, online and on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment